Friday, September 01, 2006

xc (as in 'cross-the-country) rides on FG

File this under "no seriously, you people are brain damaged." What is it about riding for charity that makes people act so bizarrely? I'm going to hop on one foot across Death Valley for charity. Pay up.

First we've got the cross country ride for Histiocytosis...a disease that could probably use some PR, since it's much harder to remember, than say, AIDS.

Diabetics can take their pin prick tests a little easier knowing these guys have duplicated the effort on their behalf.

I did a couple Randonneurs on a fixed, and it sucked. But let's see, it wasn't the fg that sucked, maybe it was...the boredom? the corduroy roads? my complete lack of physical preparation? (I'd done 50 miles in the previous 6 months.) the fact that my 'taint' got more numb than a botox patient, and didn't come back for days? I think it was the boredom. The taint part didn't help either.

No comments: