Monday, April 12, 2010

Hillsboro-Roubaix 2010

Screw the bible, I'm going back to overtraining and the single speed. At least my moribund results were offset by my ability to wrestle alligators.

Not much to report, way off form. Not sure why, but I'd say this was my poorest result ever, a title previously held by doubling up the morning after Karaoke Cross at Indian Head. I was dropped 20 miles in, and despite the siren's song of the Cuttin' Couch at the midpoint, I kept on, soldiering for a 38 mile TT. Lowlights included:
-Watering the crops of Litchfield whilst on the bike, mid-race. A first for me.
-10 straight minutes at 96% MHR, nearly catching the main field again.

Disappointing results were softened by a 5 hour bus ride with Stag beer, several thousand calories, and being smushed on a couch with 13 stinky friends, trading stories.

No comments: