Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sherman Park Race Report (by Ella)

"I started in last place because I couldn't get on my bike. Then I passed a lot of people. A [xXx] guy behind me was yelling 'You're getting beat by a girl, and she's half you're age!' at one of the boys I passed. Then he yelled 'All out! All out!' at me at the end. I got third place. It was fun."

-Ella, 8, in the 10-12 year-olds' unsanctioned one mile race. (No, it wasn't an alleycat - but the "real" juniors race was 3o minutes. We're not there yet.)

Gold star for mom, who used her James Bond driving skills to get her to the line THREE SECONDS before the start. Warmups are so overrated.

The sketchy start:








Photos courtesy of Luke.

1 comment:

Luke said...

And following in her father's footsteps, she had the coolest jersey in the bunch. Thanks for coming out!